Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin is unquestionably a deal with for low carb consolation meals and it is considered one of my favourite casseroles!
PIN Ham and Cauliflower Gratin Casserole to try it later!
I created this Casserole of ham and cauliflower au gratin on a January day a couple of years in the past once I wished some low carb consolation meals. I had ham and cauliflower within the fridge, and ideas of Twice-cooked cauliflower gave me the concept for this casserole with plenty of cauliflower mixed with ham, cream cheese, greek yogurt, parmesan, inexperienced onion and cheese. Would love this as a scrumptious low carb dinner for a chilly winter evening!
After all, I needed to embody this one once I up to date my assortment of Low carb and keto casseroles receipts. There’s not a lot I dislike about low carb casseroles, however one of many important causes I like making them is how they assure leftovers.
And most low carb casseroles additionally freeze nicely, together with this one, and the way I prefer to take dinner out of the freezer once I do not wish to cook dinner! (You should use the class to can freeze to seek out extra dishes that freeze nicely.)
This low carb casserole with ham and cauliflower was extremely popular on the weblog; Hope you get pleasure from attempting it out if you have not already!
What elements do you want for this recipe?
(That is ONLY a listing of elements for the recipe; please scroll down for a full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it should take you on to full recipe.)
- uncooked cauliflower
- salt (for the water to cook dinner the cauliflower)
- diced ham
- Cream cheese
- greek yogurt
- finely grated parmesan cheese
- Inexperienced onions
- freshly floor black pepper to style
- grated cheddar cheese
What sort of ham must be used for this casserole?
In order for you this recipe to be Keto, you should definitely select a ham with no added sugar. I exploit thick ham steaks from Costco, however thick sliced deli ham and cubes lower from an entire ham may even work.
Are you able to make this recipe with frozen cauliflower?
I will be sincere and say that I am not an enormous fan of frozen veggies, and would like freshly cooked cauliflower for that. However there are a couple of feedback on this submit from individuals who have made it with frozen cauliflower and reported that it labored nicely. No matter you are utilizing, I would ensure the cauliflower is nicely drained earlier than assembling the pan.
What if you happen to’re not a fan of Greek yogurt?
For those who do not just like the tangy taste of Greek yogurt, I might use bitter cream for this recipe.
Need extra low carb casseroles with cauliflower?
Verify Low Carb Keto Cauliflower Casserole for plenty of different tasty cauliflower dinner concepts, together with some cauliflower casseroles from my meals blogger associates.
Tips on how to make Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin:
(That is ONLY a abstract of the recipe steps; please scroll down for a full printable recipe. Or if you happen to use the JUMP TO RECIPE hyperlink on the high of the web page, it should take you on to the total recipe.)
- You want no less than 6 cups of cauliflower, lower into small items.
- Prepare dinner cauliflower in salted boiling water till beginning to soften; don’t overcook.
- Drain the cooked cauliflower nicely (no less than 5 minutes).
- Whereas the cauliflower cooks, lower two cups of ham.
- Soften the cream cheese within the microwave for a couple of minute, then stir within the Greek yogurt (or bitter cream), Parmesan and sliced inexperienced onions.
- Frivolously mash the cauliflower (within the pan you cooked it in) then stir within the sauce combination in order that it’s fully blended with the cauliflower and gently toss within the ham.
- Season to style with freshly floor black pepper.
- Spray baking dish with nonstick spray or olive oil, spoon casserole combination into dish and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or till the cheese is totally melted and beginning to brown and the combination is scorching throughout and beginning to bubble barely.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes to permit any liquid within the dish to be absorbed, then serve scorching and luxuriate in! It retains for a couple of days within the fridge and reheats nicely.
Make it a low carb meal:
The Casserole of Ham and Cauliflower gratin might be scrumptious with Chopped salad with peperoncini, American Greek Salador Kale Salad with Lemon and Parmesan, Spring salador Kalyn Low Carb Coleslaw for a low carb meal.
Tastier low carb dinners with cauliflower:
Making ready weekend meals:
This recipe has been added to a brand new class known as Preparing weekend meals that can assist you discover recipes you can also make or cook dinner on the weekend and eat throughout the week!
6 cups uncooked cauliflower florets, lower pretty small
1/2 tsp. salt (for the water to cook dinner the cauliflower)
2 cups diced ham
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup Greek yogurt (see notes)
2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup thinly sliced inexperienced onions
freshly floor black pepper to style
3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese (see notes)
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Fill a medium saucepan half full with water, add 1/2 tsp. salt and begin to deliver to a boil.
- Lower the cauliflower into small florets, discard the leaves and core.
- Put the cauliflower items within the water and cook dinner over low warmth till the cauliflower simply begins to type itself. Verify it usually and do not overcook; the cauliflower will soften extra within the oven.
- Whereas the cauliflower cooks, lower the ham into very small cubes and slice the inexperienced onions.
- Put the cream cheese in a glass dish or measuring cup and soften it within the microwave for a couple of minutes. (Or you may soften it over the preheat oven if you do not have a microwave.) When the cream cheese is mushy, stir within the Greek yogurt (or bitter cream), Parmesan and onions. sliced greens.
- When the cauliflower is cooked sufficient to begin to soften, pour it right into a colander positioned within the sink and let it drain nicely (no less than 5 minutes; don’t rush this step)
- Return the drained cauliflower to the pot you cooked it in and mash it with a potato masher till it is barely mashed with a couple of bits remaining.
- Stir in sauce combination and toss nicely with cauliflower; then gently incorporate the diced ham.
- Season to style with freshly floor black pepper. (I did not use salt as a result of the ham and parmesan are each salty.)
- Spray a glass or dish casserole dish with nonstick spray or olive oil. (I used a glass casserole dish about 8″ x 10″.) Pour the cauliflower combination into the dish, unfold evenly and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or till the cheese is melted and frivolously browned and the entire combination is scorching and beginning to bubble. Let sit for 10 minutes to permit any liquid to be absorbed, then serve scorching.
- I assume it freezes nicely, however I nonetheless have not tried freezing it as a result of I by no means have leftovers.
You can even use bitter cream if you happen to’re not a fan of Greek yogurt. yogurt comprises just a bit much less carbohydrate. Undoubtedly use extra cheese if desired!
This recipe created by Kalyn impressed by Twice-cooked cauliflower.
Quantity per serving:
energy: 238Complete fats: 14gSaturated fats: 7gUnsaturated fats: 5gLdl cholesterol: 65mgSodium: 855mgCarbohydrates: 7.7gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 20g
The dietary info is robotically calculated by the recipe plugin I exploit. I’m not a nutritionist and can’t assure 100% accuracy as many variables have an effect on these calculations.
Low Carb Eating regimen / Low Glycemic Index Eating regimen / South Seashore Eating regimen Options:
Ham and Cauliflower Casserole Au Gratin, as proven, would work nicely on low carb or keto diets. In order for you it to suit the South Seashore food plan, they might advocate lean ham, low-fat cream cheese, fat-free Greek yogurt, and low-fat cheese.
Discover extra recipes like this:
Make the most of Casserole Recipes to seek out extra recipes like this. Use the Diet type index to seek out extra recipes appropriate for a selected food plan. You may additionally prefer to observe Kalyn’s Kitchen on Pinterest, on Facebook, on Instagram, on TikTokor on Youtube to see all the good recipes I share there.
Historic notes for this recipe:
This tasty ham and cauliflower casserole was first posted in 2012. It was up to date with higher images in 2017 and was final up to date with extra info in 2023.
We take part within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to permit us to earn charges by linking to Amazon.com and affiliate websites. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Comments are closed here.